The NGOWG on Women, Peace and Security advocates for the equal and full participation of women in all efforts to create and maintain international peace and security. Formed in 2000 to call for a Security Council resolution on Women, Peace and Security, the NGOWG now focuses on implementation of all Security Council resolutions that address this issue. The NGOWG serves as a bridge between women’s human rights defenders working in conflict-affected situations and policy-makers at U.N. Headquarters.
- Analysis of UN Reports on Country Situations
- The NGOWG's ongoing analysis of the work of the Security Council is now available online through the PeaceWomen Project's Report Watch initiative.
- Security Council Resolution 1325
- Adopted 31 October 2000.
- Security Council Resolution 1820
- Adopted 19 June 2008.
- Security Council Resolution 1888
- Adopted 30 September 2009.
- Security Council Resolution 1889
- Adopted 5 October 2009.
- Security Council Resolution 1960
- Adopted 16 December 2010.
- Security Council Resolution 2106
- Adopted 24 June 2013
- SCR 1325 Checklist
- Checklist for integrating 1325 into Security Council resolutions.
- SCR 1325 in over 80 Languages